About Dr. Meyer
Dr. Meyer and his wife have four children. They have lived in Jefferson County since 1995. His personal interests include spending time with his family, martial arts, yoga, physical fitness, reading, woodworking and home renovation. Dr. Meyer and his family especially enjoy outdoor activities including boating and camping. Dr. Meyer and his son recently built a street rod automobile.
Dr. Meyer provides care for patients in Louisville at our Story Avenue office. While in training at Emory University, he was able to test the Excimer laser (used in LASIK) before it received the approval of the Food and Drug Administration.
Contacting Dr. Meyer
If you have a medical emergency, call our office, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week at (502) 589-1500 or (800) 999-3036. Dr. Meyer, or one of our other physicians will, be contacted immediately. If you wish to contact Dr. Meyer about a matter which is NOT vision-threatening, you may securely message him through My Online Account.
Please remember, Dr. Meyer only reads his email about once per day. Therefore, if you have a medical condition, please call our office. Email is not the quickest way to reach Dr. Meyer.
- LASIK, PRK, LASEK and other laser vision correction for
nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism
- Corneal Transplants
- Cataract Surgery with Intraocular Lens Implant
- Cornea and External Diseases
- Laser Cataract Surgery
- Board Certified in Ophthalmology
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Jewish Hospital
- Norton Audubon Hospital
- Vision Surgical Center
- St. Mary’s University, San Antonio, Texas, BS, in Chemistry, summa cum laude, 1982
- St. Mary’s University, San Antonio, Texas, BS, in Biology, summa cum laude, 1982
- St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri, MD, 1986
- Naval Hospital San Diego, San Diego, California, Internship in General Surgery, 1987
- Naval Aerospace Medical Institute, Pensacola, Florida, Naval Flight Surgeon, 1988
- Anheuser-Busch Eye Institute, St. Louis, Missouri, Residency in Ophthalmology, 1994
- Anheuser-Busch Eye Institute, St. Louis, Missouri, Chief Resident in Ophthalmology, 1994
- Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, Fellowship in Cornea, External Diseases and Refractive Surgery, 1995
- Kentucky Medical Association
- Greater Louisville Medical Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- United States Navy Reserves